Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Thank You!

I was taking a walk with my wife this morning when we met up with a friend who mentioned an email she had received from Rhonda Byrne, author of The Secret.

She said, “To improve any day immediately, say and feel "Thank you" seven times in a row.”

It seemed like a weird practice because I have only practiced saying thank you for specific things, not just to say it. However, seeing as I love to hear about and try any new practices that may help myself or others to elevate our moods, my wife and I decided to try it immediately, although with one small change. Instead of saying and feeling it seven times in a row, we decided to try it for a full 2 minutes.

When the timer on my phone went off, we looked at each other and were both smiling. Needless to say we thought it was a great success and therefore it became today’s practice.

See how it works for you.

Thanks for letting me be your wingman today.
In Appreciation,
Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment