Monday, February 20, 2012

Ten Days of Consecutive Conscious Practice

As mentioned in my last blog (see below) today I'm beginning my 10 day challenge of conscious consecutive practice. Seeing as it is the beginning, I think I should set some ground rules. I am going to list 1 or 2 practices each day that I will be doing. If I list 2, one of them will be a 2 minute thought process I do each morning; the other will be something I will focus on during that day.

My plan is to get so consistent with my practices that they become second nature to me. I appreciate you joining me in this endeavor and hope it helps you as much as it helps me. Of course I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks so much.

Day 1. Lucky Man and Be Decisive.

Lucky Man. I was listening to the radio last night and the song Lucky Man by Emerson, Lake and Palmer came on. It got me thinking about a new way to practice. So this morning I decided to start my 10 days of practice by taking 2 minutes, and thinking and saying anything I feel lucky for. Be it people in my life, material objects, or things i have accomplished, I went on a two minute rampage of things I feel lucky about. I did it this morning and find it helps put me in a better frame of mind as I go about my day. Hopefully it will work as well for you.

Be Decisive. A friend had mentioned she was stressing about her lack of decision making so I thought this was a great one to start with. Over the years I have found it to be far more important that I make a decision, and line up with that decision, not which decision I make. Too many times I have second guessed my decision, or worse, not made a choice and the decision was made for me. Therefore, today I will practice being decisive. For today, I will not worry about which option I select, only that I select one. Be it small, such as what I will have for breakfast, or a more important decision, today I am going to decide quickly by which feels best to me at the time and I will not second guess it. I will make it, own it, and embrace it.

Today, I will practice being decisive and I will be decisive.

Thanks for allowing me to be your wingman today.

In Appreciation,

Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment