Sunday, February 26, 2012

Don't buck your own trend.

Today I want to make sure I’m aware of which way my momentum is trending.
I want to make sure I’m feeling that feeling I get in my gut.
Women often call it “intuition”.
Being a guy, I call it my gut instinct.
And if there is one thing I’m certain of, it’s that over the years, when I’ve felt, trusted and acted upon my gut instinct, it’s done well by me.

So today’s practice is to make certain I’m in touch with my gut.
Not to change that feeling, only to practice feeling it.
Yesterday’s practice was a way to change a bad feeling.
Today’s practice is just to feel it. And to sit with that feeling.

Why? Because I’ve learned it’s very difficult to buck my own trend.

So it pays to know which way I’m trending.
Are things going my way or do I feel like I’m running uphill?
Are things feeling “easy”, or is everything a struggle?

Today is all about feeling. Not acting, just feeling.

Thanks for allowing me to be your wingman today.
In Appreciation,
Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment