Thursday, February 23, 2012

Harry Potter’s Mirror

Today’s practice comes from the fantastic books and movies by JK Rowling about a young wizard named Harry Potter. In one of the earlier books, we are introduced to a mirror of Erised on which is inscribed, “I show not your face, but your heart’s desire”.

This morning, I decided to have a look in my “mirror” and think about what I truly wish for, what I would like to bring into my life over the next week, month, year, decade and/or rest of my life. One thing I have learned since starting Be Your Own Wingman is I can bring whatever I want into my life by just thinking about it, for those thoughts will bring about inspired action and as I put my desires out into the universe, the universe will respond in kind. As I sat this morning and allowed my imagination to run wild, my requests started to grow, and then to my surprise, started to shrink. I realized there are just a few things I truly want to bring into my life. And as I thought of those desires I began to feel as if they were already in my life. It was a truly wonderful feeling, one which I will continue to practice. For by the Law of Attraction, the more time I can spend thinking about and feeling those things which I want to bring into my life, the easier it will be to bring them into my life.

Give it a try. Take a look into your mirror of desire and see what develops. You may be surprised.

Thanks for allowing me to be your wingman today.
In Appreciation,
Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment