Wednesday, September 21, 2011

My patch of sun.

When walking this morning I noticed a small patch of sunlight, and went straight towards it.  I love seeing these “sun patches” so my focus was clear and my route direct. 
In this beautiful forest I saw only “my little patch of sunlight”.

And then it hit me. 
How many times in life do we know what we want,
but get distracted by what we don’t. 
How often do we try and change that which we don’t desire to be more to our liking.

Ask and it is given. 
So today I’m asking for help in choosing what I want, and focusing ONLY on that. 

Please join me in this exercise, for where ever you are right now, we are all at the buffet table of life… and it’s our choice. 
We can choose family and friends being healthy, happy, loved and respected.
We can choose laughing with the one we love as we enjoy the energy of the city, the salt air of the ocean, or the crisp breeze of the mountains.
We can choose to be passionate about our work.
We can choose those things that bring a smile to our face when we think of them.
We can choose to relax, knowing that money will come to us in abundance, like air and water.

How enjoyable is this view of life?  Only giving attention to that which you wish for. 
Do not get distracted by concentrating on things you do not desire. 

And beware of what you ask for.
Do not ask, “to learn how to be more patient”, for you will be given more to be patient about.
Do not ask, as I repeatedly have, to better understand Shakespeare’s quote,
“Nothing is either good or bad, just thinking makes it so”, for you will receive much to help you learn that lesson.

Instead just say…

“I choose to be happy and healthy and wise.
I choose to love and be loved.
I choose to help others and be respected.
I choose to embrace life and live with passion.
I choose to have money coming to me in abundance.
I choose to appreciate all the blessings in my life.”

Choose your patch of sunlight, and focus solely on that. 

Thanks for allowing me to be your wingman today.

In Appreciation, Mike

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for a great message Mike. I love the "patch of sunlight" to focus on the good and not the negative. In the last few weeks I've been layed off, had the house we've rented for 9 years sold and had major problems getting my unemployment payments. But I've chosen to embrace the changes and picture a wonderful new place to live, a creative new job and enjoy the time off to listen to my spirit guides. Holding my 4 day old grandson is the best focus of all!! Sharon

    ReplyDelete