Monday, August 29, 2011

The road not taken…

Two paths diverged in my walk this morning and I’ve come to realize it matters not which course I take, only that I take one.  In hindsight, both paths crossed again as I believe they often do.  Yes, another validation that the journey is far more important then the destination.

What is most imperative though is…
·         I make a decision,
·         I own that decision
·         I embrace my decision.

I have seen too many get “paralysis by analysis” at their point of decision and either don’t make one, or constantly question the choice they made.  Perhaps that is not one of your issues, but there are times my lack of decisiveness feels like a constant companion.

So today, I’m going to practice being decisive and I invite you to join me. 
Let’s begin with small decisions, taking the stairs or the elevator, eating a chocolate chip cookie or a brownie, taking the back roads or the highway. 

Remember, don’t worry if the elevator gets stuck, the brownie turns out to be dry or the highway was the “better” decision.  The object of this exercise is solely to make a choice and line up with it. 

It will help you to better appreciate it is far more important to your being happy that you make a decision not which decision you make.

Today I will practice being decisive.  I will not worry which option I select, only that I select one.  I will choose quickly by whichever feels best at that moment, and I will not second guess my decision.  I will make it, own it and embrace it.

Practice being decisive and you will be decisive.

Thank you for allowing me to be your wingman today.

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment