Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Just stop thinking about it!


This morning I realized I broke from my daily practice yesterday by not thinking of my High Five.  The reason why is simple, I ran into a bit of adversity the night before and couldn’t stop thinking about the negative implications.  Don’t tell me thoughts don’t create your perception of reality.  I am certain they do mine because when my mindset is off-putting and pessimistic it certainly seems I get more to be depressed about.

But today I decided to change all that.
I just stopped thinking about that which is troubling me.
And you can too.

Just stop thinking about it.

Just stop thinking about losing weight, and lose weight.
Just stop thinking about making money, and make money.
Just stop thinking about finding a partner, and be a partner.
Just stop thinking and just start being.

Stop defending who you are not… and just be who you are. 

If you truly want to change something about yourself, stop talking about it.
And just change it. Do something different.

Stop “trying” and start doing. 

If you want to lose weight, stop fighting yourself and start thinking like a thinner you. 

          The thinner you looks forward to exercising 5 or 6 days a week. 
          The thinner you enjoys making healthy food choices.

If you want to be wealthier, stop thinking about the reasons you’re not making money, and start thinking like a wealthier you.

          The wealthier you enjoys working hard and saving money.
          The wealthier you embraces education and looks to expand your
          knowledge base with an eye towards new opportunities.

If you want a romantic relationship, stop trying to find a partner and start being a better partner to yourself.

          The better partner you trusts and respects yourself and others.
          The better partner you communicates lovingly and honestly
          with yourself and with others.

Just stop thinking about it!  We all make it so much harder then it needs to be.

In Appreciation, Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment