Sunday, October 2, 2011

Changing My Mindset.

Two days into my fruit and vegetable detox and I realize it's just another practice.
A far more advanced exercise, but an exercise none the less.
My hope is to have this physical cleansing and mental challenge not only help me physically, but bring me more clarity as well.

I also realize how again, it’s just a matter of changing my mindset.
This realization came to me 3 days ago as I was walking with a friend.  I was whining and complaining about this upcoming challenge when, out of nowhere, a giant bee, either a wasp or a cicada killer, flew right into me and stung me.

Along with the pain I felt, was the awareness that my wingmen were there with me, telling me to shut the hell up and just do it.
It was at that point I knew.  Quit my yapping and start preparing. 
Or to paraphrase from one of  my favorite children's book, "The View from Saturday" by E.L. Konigsburg, "You're not preparing to begin, you've already begun".

So begin I did.  I stopped complaining and mentally initiated my cleanse.  We were having a family luncheon the next day, so although physically my plan would not commence until 3:00 pm Thursday, emotionally I was no longer preparing to start, I had started.

Challenge accepted.  Ten days of only fruits and vegetables.  I was told to think of how much good I was doing for my body, but that didn’t motivate me. 
My inspiration was to come from a different place, my spirit.
I have worked hard on being my own wingman, on training my mind to achieve what ever I desire.  This will be a more difficult aspiration but one I felt ready for.

I found myself getting excited.   What better way to assess how far I have come. 
This was just the next test along my path, and I was prepared.
I decided I would view this as one of survival.  For ten days, I am in a jungle, a suburban jungle, but a jungle nonetheless.  I am eating to live, to survive.

And so, now 2 days into it, I'm still feeling optimistic. 
Without salt, sugar and coffee my detox has begun.

Being a Philly guy and watching the Phillies in the playoffs on television without beer and cheese steaks felt very strange.  I do love challenging myself though, so it was a green juice and a bowl of vegetables with a watermelon chaser. 

Eight days left and physically I’m having some headaches, mentally I feel strong.

As George Patton once said,
“Accept challenges so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory”.

In my work with the law of attraction I have found having that exhilarated feeling leads to more elation, and the better it gets, the better it gets.

Thanks for allowing me to be your wingman today.

In Appreciation, Mike

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you,Mike. Accepting a physical and mental challenge such as this is the proving ground for your soul to take a leap of faith. It is giving you the edge you need to see that everything is a choice. You are choosing this and it is giving you more practice at choosing the life of your dreams! Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny that I am reading this as I sit here avoiding homework. Good Stuff, Michael. Really good stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete