Tuesday, June 28, 2011

"But Master...


If I can create that entire week, why can’t I create my desired ending?”

“Ah, Grasshopper, if you created the entire week, then didn’t you, in fact create the ending.  And what of Hamlet’s quote you are so quick to preach?”

“There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”

Yes, I’ve mentioned this quote from Shakespeare a thousand times.  Said how I love it, using it almost like a mantra, beating it to death. 

But I never really had to practice it.

Flying back from Vegas broke, busted and feeling just plain beat up I was in no mood to discuss Law of Attraction and its many merits.  I was far from “Glad no matter what”, nor did I want to think a better feeling thought.  I was down, depressed and disappointed, and this was just about not winning my way into the World Series of Poker, or not winning money.  It wasn’t anything serious like death, divorce or serious illness.

I have been the self proclaimed “poster boy” for Law of Attraction and friends will say I inspire them by living it.  Yet, instead of thinking about my fantastic week, I seem to be focusing on a miserable ending.

“Nothing is either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”

More practice is definitely needed.  Thinking of my High Five from the trip is certainly a step in the right direction.

1)     Spending time with my son Lyle, helping him get set up in Los Angeles, seeing life through his eyes, the nervousness of moving on your own to a new city for the first time.  While he was nervous and excited, I was only felt his excitement.
2)     It is easy to be vegetarian.
3)     Having breakfast with Sark at the precise moment Lyle called about hitting a pole with his car.  The same pole I had repeatedly warned him about.  The timing couldn’t have been better as Sark and I discussed Law of Attraction.
4)     The lesson… to practice separating my ego from myself, but how?  Perhaps by not trying to, but by allowing.  By not being emotional about the outcome.  By taking 3 seconds of thought before action.  Much more practice.
5)     The understanding that I created this entire week, which demonstrates that I can create anything I desire.


I had a remarkable week. 
One in which I totally created, including the ending. 
Knowing that, why would I choose this ending? 

The Poster boy needs more practice, much more. 

In Appreciation,  Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment