Thursday, June 9, 2011

HIGH FIVE!


HIGH FIVE!


In the aftermath of my miserable Monday I have found a fantastic new game to play each morning.  I initially read of it in Sark’s book, “Glad No Matter What” described as Pollyanna’s (from the best-selling 1913 novel by Eleanor H. Porter) Glad Game.  I’ve changed it slightly, and named it HIGH FIVE!  It’s simple.  Find 5 things you loved about yesterday.  If you’re currently not in a good place, maybe you can find 5 things that just didn’t suck yesterday?  Just play the game once.  See if your real game, the game of life, opens up and becomes a whole lot more fun. 

Give me a HIGH FIVE!  I love it.


My HIGH FIVE! from yesterday…

1)   Had dinner with my daughter Alex and everything seems to be going well for her.  It’s great to see her confidence so high. 
2)   My stepdaughter Hannah coming right home and getting a job.  Truly demonstrating how a positive outlook and an expectation of good always works out well.
3)   My son Lyle stopping over for lunch again.  I’m so happy to be hanging with him again as he readies himself for his trip out west.  This is a very exciting time for him and his enthusiasm is energizing.
4)  Writing my blog.  I get very uplifted and joyful any day I write my blog. 
5)  Being able to turn my bad day into such a great day shows me that I’m really on to something here.  If I can shift the way I see a situation and then change the way I feel about it, then I can create anything I want in my life!  I’m not saying I should be happy when I’m not, I was miserable and wanted to be miserable.  But I now know I can create happiness when and if I want, and knowing that is very powerful. 


Anyone for a game of HIGH FIVE!? 
I hope it resonates for you as it has for me this week.

In Appreciation, Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment