Thursday, January 31, 2013

“Imagine” by John Lennon

So yesterday, I left a morning meeting in Philadelphia and drove to a presentation in King of Prussia, Pa. If you know the area, you know I drove on the Schuylkill expressway to get there. You also know the odds of there being a great deal of traffic are pretty good.
Lucky for me I left plenty of time as I ended up in a traffic gridlock.

After sitting for some time, I could feel my energy going to that dark place. I shifted my car into park (yes, it was that type of congestion) and decided to change the radio station from sports talk to music, and just as I did, the song “Imagine”, by John Lennon started to play.

Imagine there’s no heaven
It’s easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people living for today

With my car in park and not going anywhere quickly, the music enveloped me and I allowed my imagination to take over. That’s the great thing about practicing my wingman philosophy, messy situations like traffic jams no longer throw me into a destructive place. By doing my one minute practices I am able to stay in control of my feelings, which usually enables me to be more productive, more efficient, and certainly, more calm.

As the music played, I began to have fun with the words.

Imagine there’s no traffic
It’s easy if you try
No cars around me
Open highway all the way
Imagine always being early for every meeting you attend

Imagine there’s no worries
It isn’t hard to do
Nothing to stress you out for
And no deadlines too
Imagine all your pressures, dissolving in thin air

You may say I’m a Wingman
but I’m not the only one
I hope someday you’ll join us
And the world will be as one

As I sung these words in my car, I began smiling. My energy immediately shifted and I could actually feel my vibration rising. As the song finished on the radio, and my words still hung in the air, I recognized the traffic had begun to loosen up.

Yes, it really happened that easily. Perhaps it’s because of all the positive momentum I’ve now built up over the last few years, but it now seems when I’m able to change my thoughts, I am able to change my world.

The ability to quickly change a poor situation into a more favorable one does not happen overnight. Nor does a positive attitude, but if you begin consciously practicing tonight, I assure you, tomorrow will look a little bit better. As a client of mine said to me yesterday afternoon, “staying upbeat requires work”. Yes it does.

The good news is I shortened the time required to just one minute a day.

As a Law of Attraction Life and Business Coach I often give my clients one minute of homework. Perhaps you would like to try it, so today, take one minute and let your imagination take over. Imagine you in better health, thinner, wealthier, in a more loving relationship, more confident, clearer, and/or calmer. For just one minute imagine your world as you would like it to be. As you do, you’ll allow your vibration to begin improving, and one thing I’m certain of, when your vibration improves, your relationship with everything around you, health, money, people will improve as well.

Give it a try for the next three days, maybe you’ll surprise yourself with the positive momentum you will gain.

Thanks for letting me be your wingman today.
In Appreciation,
Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment