Friday, May 13, 2011

Wingman of the Week

5/9-5/15/2011

Rita Strough and I had the opportunity to interview SARK on our TalkNAngels radio show this past Wednesday evening (http://www.talknangels.com/) and I realized how much more I need to continually practice - practice laughing, practice learning, practice living, practice loving.

It seems so simple… just be present in the current moment, or just think a better feeling thought.
And yet….

I seem to require more preparation, more focus and more practice.  Writing this blog was to be a continuation of my education, and when I stopped writing I felt as though my training had stopped as well. 

Therefore, I am challenging myself to write at least once per week by finding someone deserving of the title, “Wingman of the Week”.  This will keep me searching each and every week for more and more pure positive energy.

And so, the first ever “Wingman of the Week” award is presented to SARK, a woman who has inspired so many, including me, with her books, her artwork and her workshops.  She has written 16 books that have sold over 2 million copies and from her I have learned how words can help me change how I feel about a given situation, and how I feel about said situation will determine the outcome.

Instead of “I have to, I now say,” I choose to”.  Instead of, “I’m stuck in this lousy situation”, I now say, “I’m in the Marvelous Messy Middle… and Loving it”. 

I urge you to check out her website http://www.planetsark.com/ and you will see why she is truly deserving of the Wingman title.

I know I speak for many when I say…

Thank you, Sark. Thank you for being my Wingman this week.

In Appreciation,

Mike

1 comment:

  1. You're heading out for a boys' night, and your best friend asks you to be their Wing Man because tonight he wants to hunt a cougar. How do you adjust your game plan? Check out COUGAR HUNTING in cinemas soon for pointers... http://on.fb.me/s12fjk

    ReplyDelete